Little Bridge Terms and Conditions
The small print! Read the Little Bridge Terms and Conditions here.
THANK YOU for your interest in littlebridge.com™ and for taking the time to read our Terms and Conditions of service. Little Bridge provides its products and services to you, subject to the following Terms:
The littlebridge.com website and all associated products, including books and merchandise are created, developed and maintained by Little Bridge (Little Bridge Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 05954441, with its registered office at: 4 The Blades, Lower Mall, London, W6 9DJ, UK).
Little Bridge is the sole licensee of all the materials that appear on this website, including Trade Marks, trade names, slogans, logos, graphics, designs, images, text, including all copyright, trademark, patent, moral rights and other intellectual property rights thereto (‘Content’). All such rights are reserved and no unauthorized use of the Content is permitted.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 1. General :
When you sign up to littlebridge.com, including as a ‘free’ user:
- You understand and agree that you are accessing Content provided to you by Little Bridge and that Little Bridge continues to own that Content.
- Little Bridge will provide you with the best service it can, notwithstanding factors beyond its control. Little Bridge does not promise that you will always be able to access your account since Content is provided on an ‘as is’ or ‘as available’ basis which means that that the site may not always be accessible or work perfectly.
- As permitted by law, in respect of all aspects of the sites (and any activities undertaken as a result of their use) Little Bridge’s officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents of any of them, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss of damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including, without limitation, negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the sites in any way (including the Content Features) or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the sites, any websites linked to the sites or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the sites or your downloading of any material from the sites or any websites linked to the sites.
- If you choose to post your location, your intended location or any other such personal information via the community or by any other method on any of the sites you accept that this is entirely at your own risk and, whilst we make every effort to discourage or disallow this, we are not responsible for any loss or harm which occurs as a result of your sharing any information about your location or intended location.
- Nothing in these Terms in any way limits our liability for; death or personal injury caused by our negligence; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- In creating an account (including a ‘free’ account), you agree to abide by the site rules and terms and conditions. If Little Bridge believes you have broken these rules and/or Terms and Conditions, including behaving inappropriately or illegally, then we may terminate your account. Notably, we reserve the right to monitor all submissions to littlebridge.com and the ‘DigiPals’ community and we reserve the right to remove or refuse any submission. Please note that Little Bridge is not responsible for and disclaims all liability for any comments, views or remarks expressed in any submissions and gives no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within the submissions, or on the site and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 2. Using Little Bridge services :
Little Bridge is engaged in providing an online service and, as part of this service, may be storing, transmitting, retrieving, hosting, formatting or translating third party communications, including product reviews or community submissions. The views expressed in any reviews/submissions remain the views of individual contributors and are not the views of Little Bridge, unless otherwise specified by Little Bridge. In respect to, but without limitation, Little Bridge is not responsible and disclaims liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in submissions. Little Bridge gives no warranties and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained in littlebridge.com (or the ‘DigiPals’ community) or any submissions and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Little Bridge against all liability it may have in respect of and arising out of your use of Little Bridge Services and your submissions.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 3. Personal Information :
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 4. Unsolicited Information :
- Please don’t send any unsolicited material (including but not limited to ideas, suggestions, notes, inventions, drawings, designs, models, concepts, techniques or similar) to Little Bridge or littlebridge.com. Any confidential and/or proprietary submissions that we did not request will be destroyed. Any non-confidential, non-proprietary material will be considered the property of Little Bridge.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 5. Links:
Anyone linking to littlebridge.com must not suggest or imply affiliations to littlebridge.com or Little Bridge, if no such link exists. Any link must not refer to or show littlebridge.com or Little Bridge in a misleading, false or derogatory or otherwise offensive way.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 6. Representations and Warranties :
- No representations or warranties are given as to whether littlebridge.com complies with the regulatory regimes or laws of any other countries apart from the United Kingdom. Any legal matters that arise will be subject to the laws and jurisdictions of the courts in the United Kingdom. Little Bridge is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number: ZA226542. Use of littlebridge.com (including the ‘DigiPals’ community), and these Terms, is subject to the laws and jurisdictions of the courts in the United Kingdom.
- Little Bridge is a principal on its own account and does not act as agent for you or any other person. If Little Bridge does not enforce any provision of this agreement, this will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right. In the event that any part of these Rules, Terms and Conditions are held to be unenforceable such part will, at Little Bridge’s option, be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 7. Subscriptions :
The prices of Subscriptions to littlebridge.com are determined by Little Bridge, who reserve the right to change them from time to time. Subscriptions can currently be purchased in pounds sterling (GBP), Euros (EUR) or US Dollars (USD). Sales tax or VAT will be charged as appropriate and in accordance with local regulations.
- Little Bridge accepts a variety of different payment methods (direct/via distributors/resellers/through retail purchases of books & merchandise) and will continue to expand these options whenever possible or appropriate.
- Credit card purchases are processed through secure payment processors and will be converted to local currency at the time of online purchase by the customer’s financial institution or credit card provider. By purchasing a Subscription or Goods using a credit or debit card a customer warrants that they are the owner of the card (or, for example, have the permission of the school to use the card). Please note that Little Bridge reserves the right to refuse subscribers.
- Purchases from Little Bridge shall appear on your bank or credit card statement as: LITTLEBRIDGE. Once you have purchased a Subscription, we will send an email confirming the purchase. The purchase of the Subscription shall only be finalised once the order confirmation has been sent from Little Bridge. Access to littlebridge.com will become available as soon as possible once a subscription has been purchased. Subscriptions are non refundable and non transferable.
- Little Bridge uses a third party payment service which encrypts credit or debit card data whilst it is being transferred over the internet. This helps to prevent interception of the data by other people. Little Bridge does not store or process credit card data.
- Please note that additional fees for online purchases (including subscriptions) at littlebridge.com may be charged by credit card providers for cross border transactions. None of these fees are received by Little Bridge or are the liability of Little Bridge. Please ask your credit card provider for more details. The payment provider is subject to regulation, including the Financial Conduct Authority and is PCI compliant. For more information, please see: https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe and https://www.fca.org.uk/
- A subscription will continue for the length of time stated at purchase and you will be able to login and use all the features in littlebridge.com until it expires. A 12 month subscription will not be auto-renewed.
- Subscription packages can be renewed, once any initial minimum term has expired. If you renew before the current subscription has expired the renewal will continue from when the current one has expired.
- If you don’t re-subscribe and your subscription has expired, you will only be able to access the features that are available to ‘free’ users. You will however retain all scores and achievements that you have gained in littlebridge.com as during your paid subscription.
- Little Bridge reserves the right to cancel a paid up subscription without a refund upon breach of the community rules and the Terms and Conditions of the site.
- Problems with accounts and subscriptions purchased through a participating reseller/retailer should initially be directed to them. All other enquiries should be addressed to Little Bridge’s support team (see below).
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 8. Deliveries :
- If your order includes physical goods for delivery, these will be shipped from stock within 5 working days (for example, via Royal Mail or DHL). You will receive confirmation via email once the goods have been shipped.
- The prices of physical goods are determined by Little Bridge, who reserve the right to change them from time to time. Goods can currently be purchased in pounds sterling (GBP), Euros (EUR) or US Dollars (USD). Sales tax or VAT will be charged as appropriate and in accordance with local regulations.
- Ownership of the Physical Goods shall pass to you once we have received payment in full.
- If our supply of any Goods is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to cancel the order and receive a refund for any Goods you have paid for but not received.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 9. Restriction of Use :
You may use Little Bridge services only for lawful purposes. You may not use them :
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of any of the sites; any equipment or network on which the sites are stored; any software used in the provision of the sites; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Little Bridge Terms and Conditions, 10. Contact us :
The littlebridge.com website is operated by Little Bridge from the United Kingdom:
Company Name: Little Bridge Ltd.
Company Registration Number: 5954441
Registered Office: 4 The Blades, 16 Lower Mall, London W6 9DJ
Tel: + 44 (0) 20 8935 5689
General enquiries and comments should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
During UK office hours*, you can also call our friendly, helpful support desk +44 (0)20 8935 5689
*Our office hours: 09:00h -18:00h (UK time)
For technical queries please email: email@example.com
Little Bridge aims to provide an excellent service to all our customers and to respond to all support queries and requests in a timely and efficient way.
We hope all our users enjoy making friends around the world and learning English with Little Bridge!